Christopher Lee Nichols MPA, AAMS has been in the investment and insurance business since 1983. Nichols Started with John Hancock in the early Eighties, working with senior level executives providing investment and insurance planning. Also, working with physicians, he helped design benefit packages for medical practices and their employees. Later he went on to work for Fidelity Investments with their Ultra Service product, a full service money management account. Nichols then moved on to work the National Trade Desk and completed his training as an Account Executive. He was ultimately selected to be one of a small group of traders known as the Executive Trading Department, executing trades for some of Fidelity’s largest retail clients, so called “friends of Ned”. Shortly after the market corrected in 1987, Nichols started his own financial services company, Nichols Financial Services.
After being affiliated with a number of Broker Dealer firms Nichols made the commitment to work exclusively as a fee based Investment Advisor realizing that this was the most objective and advantageous type of relationship for both advisor and client. The firm became Nichols Investment Advisory Services, a Registered Investment Advisor in the Mid 90’s, and has been located in Mashpee Commons ever since. The primary focus remains investment management and retirement planning.
Registration and compliance
Nichols Investment Advisory Services is a registered investment advisor in the state of Massachusetts.
Licenses registrations and certifications
Securities Licenses: Stocks and Bonds, Mutual Funds.
Life, Health, and Disability.
How Adviser is Paid
- Fee for financial planning (initial, hourly, and/or retainer)
- Fee based on percentage of assets managed; percentage ranges: (.75%-1.2%)
- Commission on insurance products
Compensation (methods and disclosure)
- I will work with clients on a fee only basis.
- My clients’ interests come first. I will recommend products based on what is in their best interest and not based on which would give me more earnings.
- When appropriate, I may refer my clients to other, related professionals for services they are better able to provide than I.
- My firm does not, nor does any affiliate or member of my firm, act as a general partner, participate in or receive compensation as a general partner from investments that I recommend.
- To maintain my license and/or designations, I am required to earn 4 continuing education credits every year.
- I will provide prospective clients with references.
- I will provide a free initial consultation to prospective clients so that we may determine if their needs and my practice are well-matched.